The World’s Highest Quality Book Scanner
The DT BC100 is our fastest and most powerful book capture system. Designed and built in the USA, the BC100 utilizes two camera systems to nearly double normal digitization output and quality.
Complete with a pneumatic glass platen and optional pneumatic book cradle, and easy to use workflow, the BC100 offers complete protection to the original material.
Fast & Versatile
The DT BC100 is a simple but powerful Dual Camera Book Capture System with an incredible production rate and uncompromising image quality.
Up to 30 times faster than legacy book scanners.
In addition to standard bound material, the DT BC100 is capable of shooting loose materials, including works on paper, serials, newspapers, manuscripts, photographs, drawings, and more.
Built for the Future
The DT BC 100’s dual imaging cameras meet all major preservation-grade imaging standards including FAGDI 4-star, ISO 19264 Level A, and Metamorfoze-Strict guidelines. Featuring a 100° glass platen enables the digitization of up to 6″ (15.24 cm) bindings and page sizes up to 17″ x 24” or A2 (42 x 59.4 cm) size per side.
Our motto is do it once, do it right.
Features & Benefits
- Used by institutions around the world for rare books and special collections
- Dual Camera Book Capture System with incredible rates of capture much higher – up to 30 times faster – than book scanners, without compromising material safety
- Capable of shooting bound and loose materials, including works on paper, serials including newspapers, loose manuscripts, photos, and drawings, etc.
- Digital Camera Heads meet preservation grade imaging standard including the FAGDI 4-star and METAMORFOZE-Strict guidelines.
- 100° glass platen enables the digitization of up to 6″ (15.24 cm) bindings and page sizes larger than 17″ x 24” or A2 (42 x 59.4 cm) size per side
- Software delivers preservation grade TIFFs, JPEGs, and PDFSs in RGB, grayscale, and CMYK modes. Open Source Raw and DNG also supported.
- The BC100 is the only true 48 bit system on the market.
- Open platform design: camera, lenses, lighting, computers, and software can all be easily upgraded over time
- Several resolution options available to match budget and technical needs
- Durable design for years of uninterrupted, reliable use.
- Easy to operate.
DT BC100 Specs
Materials: Frame is made from black anodized extruded aluminum, custom brackets are made from black anodized aircraft grade aluminum.
Overall Dimensions: 7’H x 6’5″W x 5’D (2.2 m x 2 m x 1.6 m)
Footprint: 6’W x 5’D (1.9m x 1.6m)
Glass Platen Dimensions: 24.9″ x 17.48″ on each side
Book Binding Limitations: 6″ binding (15.24 cm)
Working Table Height: 30″ (76.2 cm)
Accessory & Monitor Shelf Dimensions: 19″ x 34″ black laminate (48.3 cm x 86.4 cm)
Compressor: 1.25 HP, 62dB, 6.0gal (24L) tank
Operating Voltage: Compressor Power Requirements: 115V/50-60Hz
Operating DB Level: Compress -40 dB
Power: Supplied with two 8 outlet 15 Amp power strips
Feet: Four leveling and dampening retractable casters
Lighting: 19″ Photon LED Lighting Included (48.3 cm)
Camera Mounts: Standard ARCA-SWISS style quick release plate
Crated Weight: 1225 lbs across two crates (Large Crate: 960 lbs; Small Crate: 260 lbs)
- Advanced Rare Book Module
- Custom & Specialized Targets
- Book Scanner Form Factors
- Cable Management
We can digitize anything at a level of detail you can’t get anywhere else. You have to see it to believe it. Check out our product videos to see the equipment in action.