Museums & Institutions
THE ART AND SCIENCE OF IMAGING
Protect your cultural heritage and uncover its full potential
Documenting and preserving the priceless artistic, cultural, or scientific assets within your collection for future generations may be the most obvious reason for starting a digitization program. But there are many more benefits to digitally capturing the heritage items on display and the vast number held unseen in storage.
The beauty of paintings, drawings, books, maps, photographs, furniture, costumes, musical instruments, sculpture, and natural history artifacts – as massive as an elephant or as delicate as a butterfly – can live on digitally for endless study and enjoyment. Digitized media presents countless opportunities for enhancing membership programs, boosting visitor engagement with immersive exhibits, developing interactive displays, and other fresh new ideas for programming.
The added beauty of these unique and reusable heritage assets is their use in nurturing relationships with patrons of the arts. Unlock their full potential to tell your museum’s or gallery’s rich and compelling story.
That’s where DT Heritage comes in.
Our worldwide client base of major cultural and fine arts institutions knows us as the authority on heritage digitization, with an in-depth understanding of the issues and challenges of working with your precious collections. DT Heritage offers specialized skills, techniques and workflow experience, combined with advanced digitization technology purpose-built by our hardware division, DT Heritage. Together, our team of experts in digitization hardware, software, services, and workflow optimization work hand-in-hand to deliver a seamless experience for museum imaging projects of every possible scope.
Chronicle your organization’s history for easy access and use
Today, it’s vital that archives, libraries and institutions not only preserve their cultural assets, but also bring to life compelling stories from the past in ways that resonate today. Make the most of your assets with a useful, well-managed archive created with the highest quality digitization
- Create new licensing and branding opportunities for the unique items in your collection
- Cultivate relationships with internal or external stakeholders
- Bring new life to digital marketing campaigns with ads, social media posts, and other brand-building efforts that you can monetize
- Offer new experiences by combining historical records, artwork and objects of every kind
- Tell new stories about the artifacts in your collection
- Digitally display previously inaccessible and underutilized objects from storage and archives
- Enhance exhibitions and events with immersive experiences
- Allow journalists, historians, researchers, writers, filmmakers, and marketers to access your collections
- Use metadata to make every record and artifact fully searchable
- Create on-line galleries of works to stimulate interest and engagement
- Preserve your history — handle and digitize the items once, but access and reuse them in perpetuity, with the highest appropriate resolution for all applications
- Head off the ravages of time through strategic redundancy
THE EXPERTS IN MUSEUM DIGITIZATION
OUR EXPERT SERVICES
DT Heritage helps news organizations, production companies, movie studios, songwriters, publishers, theaters, and other rights holders activate the power of their undigitized heritage by turning physical artifacts into searchable, accessible digital assets at the highest resolution available today. If you want to digitize your physical collection but don’t have the in-house expertise, then you need DT Heritage.
Many companies offer digital imaging services, but no one understands the particular requirements of heritage preservation quite like DT Heritage. Our specialists have decades of combined experience working inside library and museum imaging departments. They’ve blended their unique insiders’ viewpoint with superior technical knowledge to perfect the art and science of heritage digitization.
That’s who will be working for you — on-site and off — from planning through completion.
Some of the things that set DT Heritage apart:
- Not sure where to start, how long it will take, what equipment you need, or how to pay for it? The DT Heritage team will help plan your project, including technology assessments and developing timelines and budgets, to determine the best solution for your project.
- Film Scanning: DT Heritage has spent over a decade perfecting film scanning workflows that optimize efficiency, fulfill each client’s unique goals, and conform to the highest image quality standards.
- Our specialists will design advanced digitization workflows that blend seamlessly with your daily operations. Our proprietary workflow software, DT PixelFlow, uses AI and other techniques to analyze the images and deliver best-in-class OCR, facial recognition, and metadata so that your stakeholders can easily find what they’re looking for when repurposing.
- Rare books, manuscripts, room-size paintings, maps, deteriorating film, tabletop art, jewelry, even bees — we’ve brought all of that and more from the material world into the digital realm.
- No need to risk handling, packing, and transporting your fragile, one-of-a-kind items. Wherever your collection is in the world, we’ll bring the team and equipment to you. Get the picture by reading about DT Heritage’s recent trip to Estonia.
- DT Heritage produces images at up to 14K resolution, the highest image quality on the market and years ahead of the 6K that is just now becoming common. Since you’re making the effort to digitize, we make sure the quality stands the test of time — so that you can repurpose it in multiple ways well into the future.
- So many of the world’s most demanding and respected organizations have trusted DT Heritage to digitize their prized collections, no matter their age, condition, size, or shape. Get the picture with our case studies.
Complete End-to-end Systems
Industry-leading Imaging Technology
- Purpose-built rapid-capture systems create an ultra-high-resolution digital copy of your collection quickly and systematically. The result: minimize cost and radically shorten the time required for capture.
- DT Heritage’s DT PixelFlow software enables our team to make the most of digital assets by extracting, analyzing, and transcribing text using optical character recognition (OCR) and applying artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to provide facial, object, and geographic descriptive metadata information.
- By combining DT Heritage hardware solutions, DT Heritage’s artificial intelligence (AI) processing software, and our team’s expertise, we can digitize anything – even deteriorating film or works on paper, and 3D objects like minerals, fossils, plants and animals – at a level of detail you cannot get anywhere else.
MAKE YOUR ASSETS WORK FOR YOU
FIND NEW VALUE IN YOUR CULTURAL HERITAGE
Do you know the value of your heritage?
Like many media rights holders, you might have countless historical items sitting in storage — including volumes of news-assignment photos, bound scripts with handwritten director or actor notes, playbills, costumes, set pieces, 3D models, animation cels, old news clippings, production equipment, memorabilia, photos (prints, slides, and film), and so much more.