The DT V-Cradle is purpose-designed to make the digitization of bound material simple, fast, and safe. We spent years interviewing and listening to feedback from the Cultural Heritage community in order to develop a product that meets your specific needs, including the ability to safely handle rare and delicate material, accommodate the myriad bindings in your collection, and integrate into your unique workflow and digitization process—all in a custom design built specifically for operator comfort.
Compatible with the DT Atom, DT Versa, and DT Element, the DT V-Cradle provides conservation-friendly, preservation-grade, fast and efficient digitization of A3 bound material (up to 17” x 12”). Its unique design incorporates a tilt-inward mount for the camera to provide ergonomic digitization without increasing the footprint of the system.
The adjustable cradle itself accommodates three book-opening angles: 100° (similar to a book held in a reading room, 180° (which allows capture of full page spreads), and 80° for material that is especially rare and fragile. Its unique design always holds the book at an angle, so that the opposite page isn’t fighting gravity.
No More Glass Ceiling
The removable glass uses a lift-assist mechanism to improve the ergonomics of the user over long periods of use. The glass can be fully removed in less than a minute when even the minimal operator-controlled contact with the glass is not suitable for a given material.
No Detail Ignored
To ensure the safety of the binding, the mechanism of the book platform freely slides forward and backward to guarantee the gutter is always properly aligned to the captured frame. This also ensures the glass, if used, cannot produce undue pressure on the binding.
Features & Benefits
- Made in the USA of aerospace-grade aluminum
- Built for operator comfort
- Durable design for years of continuous use
- Integrates with DT Atom, DT Element, and DT Versa
- Allows book opening of 80°, 100°, or 180°
- Allows capture with or without glass
- Glass lift-assist for long-term use ergonomics
- Delivers preservation-grade TIFFs, JPEGs, and PDFs in RGB, grayscale, and CMYK modes. Open Source RAW and DNG also supported
- Open platform design allows upgrading resolution, thereby preventing obsolescence
- Dimensions: 25″ x 23″ x 16″ (63.5 x 58.42 x 40.64 cm)
Support from DT
With offices in New York, LA, and DC, employees located in five states, and clients around the world, DT is devoted to providing top-quality service to our customers. We don’t have required service contracts, and our equipment is built to last.